Monday, August 10, 2009
The UMKC One-L contest appears earlier in this blog, but it's an interesting angle, and wide open both to a range of people and with regard to the narrative format that's the focal point. So, the notice is worth repeating.
From the UMKC Law Review web site:
We invite current law students and recent graduates (2006 or later) to submit stories. Winning submission(s) will be published in the Spring 2010 issue of the UMKC Law Review, and the first place winner will receive a $500 prize.
• Non-fiction stories about the first year experience
• 1,000 - 5,000 words, including footnotes
• Footnotes are discouraged—we are looking for stories, not conventional law review articles or notes
• Open to current law student s and recently graduated law students (2006 or after)
• Send to email@example.com with “Law Stories Submission” in subject line
• MS Word or PDF formats only
• Submission deadline October 23, 2009
More information at UMKC Law Review.
Image JC Nichols Fountain, Country Club Plaza, Kansas City, from Wikipedia