Wednesday, February 18, 2009
I blogged this competition on January 5, but received a flyer from the sponsors yesterday that has been distributed to the law school deans. I excerpt relevant information below:
The American Bar Association Section of Family Law is pleased to present its Howard C. Schwab Memorial Essay Contest. This contest is held annually to encourage interest in the field of family law. Not only does the contest encourage innovative thought in family law, but it also provides an opportunity for recognition and publication in the scholarly journal Family Law Quarterly.
Law students interested in entering the contest should download the Schwab Entry Form linked below and fill it out. Once the form has been filled out, contestant should return it (details below) to be assigned an entry number. The assigned entry number must then be placed in the upper right-hand corner on each page of the essay. Contestant's name must not be on any copy of the submitted essay. Judges will not know contestants' identities.
A total of seven (7) copies of the essay and two (2) entry forms (with assigned number) should be submitted. (Details below)
1. Download the Schwab Entry Form and fill it out.
2. Return the completed entry form by e-mail to email@example.com with Schwab Entry as the subject.
Your completed entry form must be received by Friday, March 27, 2009, so we may assign you a number.
3. The ABA will then e-mail you an electronic copy of the entry form with an assigned number.
4. Place the assigned number in the upper right-hand corner of each page of the essay. (Contestant's name must not appear anywhere on the essays.)
5. Send six (6) hard copies and the completed entry form (with assigned number and signature) to:
Schwab Essay Contest
ABA Section of Family Law
321 N. Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60654
6. Send one (1) electronic copy of the essay and the completed entry form (with assigned number) to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Schwab Essay Submission
Please Note: We will only accept one (1) entry per author; we do not accept multiple submissions.
DEADLINE: All entries must be postmarked on or before April 3, 2009. (Remember, in order to be assigned a number, you must send us your entry form by March 27, 2009.)
The ABA will confirm receipt of entries via e-mail.
Questions regarding the contest should be directed to the ABA Section of Family Law at 312-988-5145.
Additional information about the Schwab Memorial Essay Contest can be found at www.abanet.org/family/lawstudents/schwab.shtm