Sunday, May 1, 2011
Finals, Mind and Body
A Finals Post.
1. You are where you are, and the people near you are part of that location. The people who are in your location, who are family, will be there when you come up for air. Be good to them.
2. Within your available time, make the most of it. If you share space with other people, they will affect the amount of your available time. Accept that, and move forward with that insight.
3. Be good to you: a) Sleep; b) Eat; c) Exercise.
4. Move forward: a) Name the impediment that stops you from moving forward; b) live in the moment – your purpose in life through the end of the finals period is clarified; c) give yourself at least one full minute to begin a task; that minute should inspire you to be fully engaged, and you're off.
5. To keep you moving forward, a) consider clocking yourself with a kitchen timer, to help you use at least 6 hours of concentrated effort each day, in increments of 20, 30, 45 minutes -- whatever works for you; b) keep a bag of sunflower seeds handy for bits of good nourishment and a source for letting off steam while keeping the focus on the study; c) drink plenty of water -- to keep oxygen flowing to your brain and other things afloat.
Two helpful web sites:
Top Ten Happy Foods
Finals Coming Up: Your Body Needs Good Nutrition